PARENT/STUDENT PORTAL USE AGREEMENT
Parent Portal is a means for a parent/guardian of a Leona Group schools' student to access education records of their student through a secured Internet site. All parents/guardians who wish to use the Parent Portal must comply with the terms and conditions in this Agreement.
Student Portal is a means for a Leona Group schools' student to access their own education records through a secured Internet site. All students who wish to use the Student Portal must comply with the terms and conditions in this Agreement
A. Rights and Responsibilities
Access to the Parent/Student Portal is a free service offered to all current students and parents/guardians of The Leona Group Schools' students. Access to student information through the Portal is a privilege, not a right. A parent/guardian/student will be authorized to activate a Portal account only after a family has enrolled their student in a Leona Group school. Once a student withdraws or graduates, access to that student's education records will be inactivated. Parents/guardians and their student must practice proper and ethical use of the Portal and all other Internet sites and databases relating to a Leona Group school. The use of ParentVue in no way restricts or enlarges any rights that parents/guardians have pursuant to FERPA or any other applicable state or federal law.
You will need a properly configured computer with Internet service to use the Portal. The Portal is designed to be user friendly. However, the Leona Group cannot promise optimal access for all users and, due to limited resources, cannot offer personal troubleshooting service if there are difficulties connecting to or using the Portal.
B. Responsibility for Information Accuracy
Information accuracy is the joint responsibility between schools and parents/guardians. The Leona Group will make every attempt to ensure information is accurate and complete. The parent/guardian should check their student's personal and contact information periodically to confirm that everything remains accurate. If changes are needed, please notify the office manager of the school that the student attends. Questions about attendance may be addressed to the school office, and questions about grades should be addressed to the student's teacher.
C. Use of the Portal
Parents/guardians and their student are required to adhere to the following guidelines:
1. Users must act in a responsible, ethical, and legal manner.
2. Users must not attempt to harm or destroy the data or networks of the school or The Leona Group.
3. Users must not attempt to access information or any account assigned to another user.
4. Users must not use this Internet site for any illegal activity, including violation of federal and state data privacy laws.
5. Users who identify a security problem within the Portal should notify their school immediately, without demonstrating the problem to anyone else.
6. Parents/guardians must not share their password with anyone, including their student.
7. Users must not set their computer to automatically login to the Portal site.
8. Users identified as a security risk will be denied access to the site.
9. Parents who have joint legal custody of their student but live apart may each activate a separate Parent Portal account. A non-custodial parent may activate a separate Parent Portal account. However, a non-custodial parent will not be permitted electronic access to contact information (telephone, address) of the sole custody parent and emergency contacts for the student.
D. Limitation of the Leona Group's Liability
The Leona Group Schools will use reasonable measures to protect student information from unauthorized viewing. The Leona Group is not responsible for financial obligations arising through unauthorized use of the Portal, the Leona Group computer system, or the Internet. The Leona Group will not be responsible for actions taken by the parent/guardian or the student that compromises their student's information. The Leona Group reserves the right to limit or terminate the Portal at any time for any reason without notice. All users who use the Portal to access their student's education records consent to electronic monitoring and understand that this is a private network used as an educational tool by The Leona Group Schools' employees. Portal account activity is electronically recorded.